Best Desserts of 2012

With New Year’s Eve drawing near, I started flipping through photos from 2012 to smile at the year’s fun memories. As I scrolled through the albums, I laughed… All of my pictures were of food! (Well okay, except for the summer vacation to Kauai. And the father-daughter trip to Arizona.)

So I can’t exactly share very many memories, seeing as I barely remember lots of them, but I can relive a few of my favorite recipes instead!

cookies

GF hazelnut cookies

#1: gluten-free nutella cookies

4-ingredient banana breakfast cookies

#2: banana breakfast cookies

salted balsamic chocolate cookies

#3: salted chocolate balsamic cookies

baked churros

#4: baked churros

cinnamon sugar dough

#5: cinnamon sugar dough

double-crusted apple pie

(and the apple pie it came from!)

peanut butter and nutella popcorn balls

honorable mention: peanut butter and nutella popcorn balls

cakes & cupcakes

german chocolate and lemon cupcakes

#1: German chocolate and lemon cupcakes

orange poppy seed bundt cake

#2: orange poppy seed bundt cake

strawberry lemon bundt cake

#3: strawberry lemon bundt cake

maple pecan snowman cake

#4: maple pecan snowman cake

berry-surprised mini lemon cupcakes

#5: berry-surprised mini lemon cupcakes

funfetti Christmas cupcakes

honorable mention: funfetti Christmas cupcakes

Although I have a rather large sweet tooth, I do have a few favorite recipes that don’t fall under the “dessert” category… So stay tuned!

Comments

1. sleepingwithacat says on December 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

What a good cook year! This recipe recap just open my apetite :D

Happy New Year.

Kisses

• foods for the soul says on December 30, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Thank you! I had the same problem when I wrote this post; I wanted to go straight into my kitchen and bake everything all over again!
      Happy New Year to you too!

2. Andrea says on December 30, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Okay… that strawberry lemon bundt cake looks TO DIE FOR!!! And the balsamic salted chocolate cookies… pinning for sure! Good idea on the round up!

• foods for the soul says on December 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Thanks! I could never eat just one piece of the strawberry lemon bundt cake… Always at least two, sometimes three! I justified it by telling myself it was healthy from the two fruits inside. Maybe?

3. Liz says on December 30, 2012 at 8:47 pm

salted chocolate balsamic cookies? wowza:-) Looks like you had a yummy year!

• foods for the soul says on December 30, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I definitely did! Probably my best baking year yet… And I’m hoping 2013 brings even more delicious desserts!

4. Aarthi says on December 31, 2012 at 9:48 am

Oh I am craving a 10 AM sugar fix now…just looking at these yummy pictures! I LOVE lemony treats too…and I am bookmarking that recipe for strawberry lemon bundt!!

• foods for the soul says on December 31, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Aww thank you! I love photographing my food (probably a little too much!). I hope you enjoy the cake, once strawberry season rolls around!

5. Brittany says on December 31, 2012 at 12:26 pm

That German chocolate cupcake is gorgeous!! YUMM!

• foods for the soul says on December 31, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Thanks!! I was excited when they ended up looking so pretty. But they definitely didn’t last very long! ;]

6. xoxbekxox says on January 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for this! I’ll have to make the churros for the boy sometime ;)

• foods for the soul says on January 2, 2013 at 1:10 pm

My pleasure! My brother and his friend made them a few nights ago, and they ate every last one! So hopefully your boy will enjoy them as much as my brother did.

7. crumbcoatedlife says on January 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I’m so stoked the make those churros. Thanks for sharing!

• foods for the soul says on January 2, 2013 at 9:32 pm

My pleasure! They seem to get eaten fairly quickly in our family, so I hope you enjoy them too!

8. veryberryhandmade says on January 6, 2013 at 7:31 am

Oh my word! What a lot of yumminess on one page…! Those salted choc cookies look AMAZING, and I have always wanted to try making churros but was put off by deep frying – this looks more achievable by far. Fabulous stuff. :-)

• foods for the soul says on January 6, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Thank you! I fried donuts once, very early in this blog’s career. It was fun, but I was pretty scared of burning myself! I was so excited that the churros turned just as well when I baked them instead. And I can’t get enough of the salt + chocolate combination either!

9. bakearama says on January 23, 2013 at 5:55 am

Thank you for stopping by my blog, but most of all for introducing me to yours! What brilliant inspriation, now… what to try first??

• foods for the soul says on January 23, 2013 at 9:49 am

My pleasure!! As for desserts, I’d definitely suggest the nutella cookies, German chocolate/lemon combo cupcakes, or orange poppy seed bundt cake. They’re all fairly easy and disappear faster than you can make them!