When the calendar flips to January 1, many people resolve to change their lives for the healthier. They munch on wheat toast for breakfast instead of donuts or lace up new running shoes after work instead of reaching for the remote.
If that’s you, way to go!
It takes courage and determination to modify any aspect of our lives, but by the middle of the month, most of us start to lose our motivation to stick to that new healthy lifestyle. To give us all a little inspiration boost, I’ll start a mini-series soon on sweet and sneaky ways to eat a few extra veggies every day. So stay tuned!
In the meantime, check out these other inspirational bloggers! Sara Ann at Act Like a Lady, Eat Like a Man nominated me for an Inspiring Blog Award, so I have the pleasure of passing the honor along to these wonderful people.
As for the rules…
Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers.
1) My favorite color is purple. Any shade… Lilac, lavender, plum, eggplant, orchid, violet — I love them all!
2) When I was 7, I tried baking by myself for the first time. I surprised my mom with strawberry-filled muffins… Except the batter was raw! I wasn’t allowed to touch the oven, so she baked them for me. But we ate every last bite!
3) In 6th grade, I picked a stuffed animal bug as my White Elephant Exchange gift. Mr. Buggy still sleeps with me most nights of the week, and he always travels with me on vacations.
4) I climbed to the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge in Australia as a 13-year-old. We wore these rather flattering gray jumpers that allowed a cable to strap us to the bridge the whole time. Super safe, but extremely exhilarating nonetheless!
5) I’m allergic to my favorite vegetable, red bell peppers. So unfair! Also pineapple (very sad too), mushrooms, water chestnuts, and shrimp.
6) I bike to work most days of the week. (Unless it’s raining…) I pretend it’s a long enough ride each way to justify eating dessert after dinner every night!
7) I love crosswords. While the NY Times variety generally stump me, I really enjoy the slightly more manageable ones in the local paper or over at Stan Newman’s Crossword Land.
- just a little bit louder now
- Adventures of a Cake Diva
- I Love Lemon
- The Bean Bake Blog
- The Cook’s Life
- The Railways
- Ridha’s Kitchen
- Kitchen Mason
- Bakers, Bicoastal
- The Suburban Soapbox
- My Pantry Shelf
- Square One Notes
- Mix It Up
- Nutritionist in the Kitch
Thank you for the inspiration!