We survived Thanksgiving! Despite the inedible mashed potatoes that strangely resembled marshmallow fluff and the inactive yeast that flattened our rolls into Passover-like bread, everyone still stuffed themselves fuller than the roasted turkey at the dinner table and lolled around after the meal rubbing their stomachs with satisfied smiles. Thankful for my loving family and significant other, I enjoyed the entire day–especially the crackling fire to end the evening!
To conclude the season of giving thanks, I wanted to express my gratitude to Lindsay at Normal Cooking. This sweet lady nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! I am honored and touched to receive this acknowledgement from her. Thank you!
And now, to transition into the season of giving gifts, I’m passing it on to 15 other deserving bloggers! But first for the rules…
Link back to the person who nominated you.
Share 7 facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 bloggers.
- I haven’t used a dishwasher in over 3 years! In the beginning, I let the dishes piles up for days and really dreaded cleaning them by hand, but now it’s almost relaxing. I let my mind wander and enjoy seeing what thoughts float through my head.
- I’m a huge baseball fan. When I was 11, I told my dad that I wanted to visit all 30 MLB stadiums with him. So far, we’re up to 19! (Including both the old and new SD Padres. But we do need to go back to see both new NY teams…)
- Penguins are my favorite animals. It started in 7th grade, stemming from an inside joke with my best friends in P.E. class, and they’re just so cute and round and wobbly and funny that I couldn’t stop loving them!
- I have the hardest time shopping for shoes. I wear a size 3 in kids, or around a 5 or 5½ in women’s, but most stores rarely carry shoes that small. But I can buy really cute socks from the little girl’s section!
- I’m a lip balm addict. I started with the blue Chapstick brand, then switched the their original black, before finally settling on Burt’s Bees.
- I waited until I was 15 to pierce my ears. My best friend drove to the jewelry store with me and held my hand the whole time… I hate needles poking me!
- I’m scared of following my dreams. Right now I’m a scientist, but I’d probably be a lot happier if I could bake all day long! Yet I’m nervous about the long hours, of not making enough money to support a family, and that it would lose the magic and turn into a mundane job. So I’m sticking it out in the chemistry world… For now!
- Blissful Britt
- Today I Loved…
- Rona Black Photography
- Cornerstone Caveman
- Mrs. Webb in the Kitchen
- All’s Fare Food Blog
- Your Life. BETTER.
- Emily Cooks Vegan
- Books & Bruschetta
- Sits and Swings
- Perennial Pastimes
- According to Carey
- Live. Learn. Love. Eat.
- May I Have That Recipe?
Congratulations everyone; you’re very inspiring to me!