During my senior year of high school, my mom’s cousin drove out to California for a low-key vacation to see the ocean, the redwoods, and a few National Parks. She traveled through our hometown just before Easter, so we invited her to our holiday dinner.
My dad and I planned the entire menu, making everything from scratch (including the bread rolls!), and with an intense passion for baking even back then, I offered to take charge of the dessert. It was the first time I had ever baked carrot cake, and although I followed a recipe that yielded a large sheet pan, we ended up with almost no leftovers at the end of the day—even with just 7 people around the table!
My obsession with carrot cake grew over the years. The cozy spices… The comforting carrots… The tender, ever-so-slightly dense texture… The sweet, subtly tangy cream cheese frosting…
And after launching Amy’s Healthy Baking, I’ve turned it into plenty of other treats—everything from pancakes and muffins to cookies and mug cakes! So here are some of my favorite, must-try healthy carrot cake recipes. They all contain no butter, refined flour or sugar… Yet they taste just as irresistible as the traditional, indulgent cake!
(from left to right, top to bottom…)
- The Ultimate Healthy Carrot Cake
- Classic Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Healthy Carrot Cake Granola Bar Bites
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Greek Yogurt Carrot Cake Pound Cake
- Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Carrot Cake Protein Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Mini Muffins
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
- Carrot Cake Granola
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Healthy Carrot Cake Scones
- Loaded Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Single-Serving Carrot Cake Mug Cake
- Carrot Cake Bran Muffins
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookie Cake (not pictured)