My elementary school sat right around the corner from a mainstream grocery store, and every once in a while during the holiday season, Mom let us stop by on our way home to pick up a package of sugar cookies from their bakery. We eagerly held the plastic container while waiting in the check-out line, staring at the snowman- and gingerbread man-shaped treats covered in coarse red sugar sprinkles, excited to bite into one at the kitchen table a few minutes later before starting our spelling homework.
At that age, I thought that gingerbread men cookies, those bakery-style sugar cookies, and Grandma’s special extra soft and slightly cakey sugar cookies topped with red and green sanding sugar were the only “traditional” holiday cookies. But as I grew older, I learned about many more varieties… And realized just how much I was missing out on as a little girl!
So today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorites, from the completely traditional to the more creative flavors, into this list of my 13 Must Try Clean-Eating Holiday Cookie Recipes. I can’t wait to hear which cookies you try!
(From left to right, top to bottom)
- The Ultimate Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
- Fudgy Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- The Ultimate Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Chai Spice Snickerdoodles
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Copycat Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Oatmeal Cookies
- The Ultimate Healthy Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Cranberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Soft-Baked Ginger Cookies
- Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
Bonus: You can see all of my holiday cookie recipes here and all of my general holiday recipes here!
And when you make your own, remember to snap a picture and share it on Instagram using #amyshealthybaking and tagging @amyshealthybaking IN the photo itself! (That guarantees I’ll see your picture! ?) I’d love to see your cookies and feature them in my Sunday Spotlight series!