During my freshman year of college, my roommates and I baked a gigantic chocolate chip cookie “cake” to give to one of the guys on our floor for his birthday. One of my roommates had a crush on the boy, but since she was too nervous to say the cake was from her, we all helped her deliver it.
Just before walking over and knocking on his door, we transferred a large amount of store-bought canned vanilla frosting to a zip-topped bag, snipped off a tiny piece of one corner, and piped “Happy birthday!” across the top of the ginormous cookie. Yet even with its large size…
We still ended up with nearly a full can of vanilla frosting left over! So for the next week or two, we grabbed the frosting can out of our mini fridge anytime we started craving something sweet, and we dipped little Teddy Grahams into it as a treat.
Not exactly the healthiest… But definitely easy, yummy, and dorm-room-friendly!
Yet if I had known about these 13 Easy & Healthy Mug Cake Recipes, I definitely would’ve made them instead to satisfy my sweet tooth! They’re ready in less than 10 minutes and also dorm-room-friendly (no oven required!) Plus…
Unlike our canned frosting + Teddy Grahams desserts, these healthy mug cakes contain no eggs, butter, artificial ingredients, refined flour or sugar—and they’re all less than 150 calories!
from left to right, top to bottom…
- Healthy Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Healthy Carrot Cake Mug Cake
- Healthy Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Healthy Raspberry Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Mug Cake
- Healthy Vanilla Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Mug Cake
- Healthy Mocha Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Healthy Lemon Poppy Seed Mug Cake
- Healthy Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- Healthy Triple Chocolate Mug Cake