Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies

The softest & chewiest oatmeal cookies you’ll ever make, studded with fresh raspberries. Nobody will ever believe they’re healthy & less than 100 calories!

Can you get someone fired by giving them cookies?

I’m not sure I want to know the answer to that because I certainly thought I did last fall!

In October, after perfecting the recipe for my toffee coffee cookies, I packed up a few in a little bag to hand to the funny college-aged cashier with dreadlocks at Trader Joe’s. When I failed to see him on every one of my bi-weekly shopping trips after that day, I basically blamed myself for him losing his job.

A few months later, on a rainy Saturday morning in February, I sprinted through the downpour into the store, picked up my usual bananas, spinach, and eggs, and hopped into the shortest line. As I waited for the girl to finish packing up the previous patron’s bags, I glanced towards the employee station—and there he was! Smiles, positivity, dreadlocks, and all.

Whew—he just changed his shift!

Fast forward to last week, a random Wednesday in July, and I happened to pick his line again. As I handed over my 8 bananas (I eat one every morning with breakfast, so they disappear faster than my dark chocolate stash!), he asked if I planned on baking banana bread.

“I’m not sure yet,” I replied. “But I’m baking cookies this afternoon!”

“Will you bring me some?”

“I already did!”

“I remember—and they were the BEST cookies ever!” He turned to the shopper ahead of me and explained, “She’s the nicest person ever! I just asked if she’d bring me cookies one time, and she showed up, like, 40 minutes later with the best cookies!”

He continued, looking back at me, “I get off work at 6, so… If I gave you my address, would you mind dropping them off? I live just around the corner!”

Laughingly, I agreed. But… I kind of forgot to mention that I needed to photograph them first. Sometimes people don’t quite understand the whole “food blog” thing.

“Wait, so you bake… And take pictures… Of everything? As your job?” is the typical response I get.

Sometimes it’s just easier to say that I bake for a living!

But anyway, back to the story… These Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies were the ones that I baked! Incredibly soft and chewy, with just the slightest hint of spice, these treats taste like the epitome of summer from their fresh juicy berries and light floral notes. With their sweet flavors, nobody will be able to tell they’re low fat, clean eating, and less than 100 calories each. (Yes, they’re made with NO butter, refined flour or refined sugar!)

For the cookie dough base, I started with the most popular recipe on my blog: my blueberry oatmeal cookies. Hundreds of readers have baked them, and they commented that not only were those the softest and chewiest cookies they’ve ever made, but their families and friends couldn’t tell they were healthy. That’s basically the biggest compliment a healthy baking blogger could ever ask for!

To make sure your cookies turn out extremely soft and chewy, you must measure both the whole wheat flour and old-fashioned oats correctly. Lightly spoon each into the measuring cups, and level with a knife. Do NOT stick the measuring cup into the container and scoop them out. You’ll end up with 1.5 times as much, which will dry out your cookies and leave them crumbly. (For a more detailed explanation, check out my Baking Basics!)

Chilling is mandatory. Initially, the dough will be very sticky, almost like thick muffin batter. Chilling allows the oats to absorb some of the liquids and thicken up the dough. If you forget to chill, you’ll end up with one big cookie blob, so learn from my mistake and pop the bowl in the fridge!

When dividing up the cookie dough to place on the baking sheet, try to drop them into rounded scoops, about as tall as they are wide. The raspberries contain a fair amount of water, which they release while baking, so the cookies spread a lot. Shaping the dough into taller mounds helps minimize the spread (so that don’t form that dreaded cookie blob!).

Because we’re using honey, which crystallizes at a lower temperature than granulated or brown sugar, we’ll bake these cookies lower and slower than your typical recipes: 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Do not over-bake them!

When you remove the cookies from the oven, they should still look and feel underdone—that’s good! We’ll let them cool for at least 15 minutes on the warm baking sheet, which allows the centers to finishing cooking through without the outsides turning crisp and crunchy. They’ll stay soft for an entire week, if they last that long!

(And yes, I did double-check. It was pure torture leaving the container on the counter for the full seven days!)

Bright and fruity, these skinny Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies require some serious willpower not to devour the entire batch! Those cute pink freckles, with the oaty flecks peeking through, are just too tempting—and their extra soft, chewy texture makes them even more addictive!

The next day, after finishing their photo shoot, I dropped off a plate of these cookies at the cashier’s house with his roommate. Although he wasn’t home, hopefully I’ll hear about them on my next TJ’s visit!

Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies

Yield: 15 cookies

Serving Size: 1 cookie

Raspberry Oatmeal Cookies

These are the softest & chewiest oatmeal cookies you’ll ever make, and the fresh raspberries add an irresistible sweetness and subtle tartness. Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week—if they last that long!

1 c instant (quick-cook) oats (measured correctly)
¾ c whole wheat flour (measured correctly)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ c honey
6 tbsp fresh raspberries, diced

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey until thoroughly incorporated. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the raspberries. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. (If chilling longer, cover with plastic wrap, ensuring it touches the entire surface of the cookie dough.)
  2. Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
  3. Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops on the baking sheet. (If chilled longer than 1.5 hours, flatten slightly.) Bake at 325°F for 13-15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

Notes: It’s incredibly important to measure both the oats and whole wheat flour correctly, using the spoon-and-level method described in the links above. If scooped from the container using the measuring cup, you’ll end up with 1.5 times as much, which will dry out your cookies and make them crumbly.

To make your own instant oats, pulse 1 cup of old-fashioned oats in a food processor 5-8 times.

Melted unsalted butter or melted margarine may be substituted for the coconut oil. Regardless of which is used, be sure that the egg is at room temperature before whisking it in. A cold egg added straight from the fridge would rapidly cool the fat source, resulting in small blobs of semi-solid coconut oil or butter.

If the cookies are still really flimsy after cooling on the baking sheet for 15 minutes and threaten to break apart, let them cool completely on the baking sheet. That won’t let them crisp up too much, and they’ll still stay soft for an entire week!

To hear more tips and see the texture of the cookie dough before and after baking, watch my video on how I bake my oatmeal cookies.

{clean eating, low fat, low calorie}

You may also like…

Comments

1. Maggie says on July 14, 2014 at 5:39 am

Amy,

What would be a good gluten-free flour substitute for oatmeal cookies like these?

PS
    These cookies look amazing, and I REALLY want to try them!! :)

• Amy says on July 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

Thanks Maggie; I really hope you like them! :) If you already have a go-to GF flour blend, that should work just fine. My friend Jane at “The Heritage Cook” has a great GF flour blend here that she uses for almost everything as well. Hope that helps!

• Kaitlin says on March 24, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Hi-
        I used coconut flour as the gluten free option but I followed every other step. They came out crumbly and are falling apart after cooling for an hour :( any suggestions?

• Amy says on March 24, 2015 at 8:53 pm

Coconut flour behaves very differently than other flours. It’s 3 times as absorbent, so you would only need to use ¼ cup in this recipe. If you used a full ¾ cup of coconut flour, that would be why your cookies were crumbly and falling apart. I hope that helps and your next batch turns out perfectly Kaitlin!

2. Jules says on July 14, 2014 at 7:30 am

These look absolutely amazing Amy!

• Amy says on July 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

Thanks Jules! :)

3. Thalia @ butter and brioche says on July 14, 2014 at 2:55 pm

yum amy these look divine & so soft (just how i like my cookies)! i bet they taste amazing.. definitely craving an oatmeal cookie now. thanks for sharing!

• Amy says on July 14, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Thanks Thalia! I love my cookies soft and chewy too. Crunchy cookies just aren’t quite as satisfying! ;)

4. Sherri@The Well Floured Kitchen says on July 15, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Wow that is super nice of you to share your cookies – I’d bet you are the favorite customer! These look delicious, I’ve never made cookies with fresh raspberries before. Pinned to try!

• Amy says on July 15, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Thank you Sherri, for both your sweet comment and the pin! :) I hadn’t made fresh raspberry cookies before either, but since my eyes were bigger than my stomach in the produce section at the grocery store last week, I just had to try!

5. Mary Frances says on July 15, 2014 at 6:21 pm

That is one of the sweetest stories I’ve read! Aw, he totally got you right – sweetest person ever? Um, yes! Haha, and true that, it is so much easier to just say, “I bake for a living.” Blogging is truly its own world!
    I really really like fruit in my cookies. I never thought I would say that, but the raspberry oatmeal combo is so delicious! Pinned!

• Amy says on July 15, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Aww thank you Mary Frances, but I think the sweetest person award goes to you! You comment on so many blogs, leaving thoughtful and personal notes, which takes a lot of time and is the mark of a true friend. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you for that! :)

6. Shelley @ Two Healthy Kitchens says on July 17, 2014 at 6:02 am

I love this new installment in the continuing story of the nice TJ clerk! Can’t wait to hear what he thought about these new cookies! Well, I know what I think … GORGEOUS!!!! I want them in my belly! All of them! Now!!! :D Pinning!

• Amy says on July 17, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I saw him yesterday — he loved them!! His eyes lit up when I asked and kind of rolled back a little bit when he said how good they were, which I think is the mark of a truly genuine compliment. ;) If I had any left after giving most of the cookies to him, I’d ship you some right away! And thanks for the pin too Shelley!

7. Jocelyn@Brucrewlife says on July 21, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Such gorgeous cookies! I’m all about raspberries lately! Yum! :)

• Amy says on July 21, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Thank you so much Jocelyn! Berries in the summer are basically a requirement. ;)

8. Amanda Lepisto says on July 27, 2014 at 8:33 pm

These look amazing!!! I am gluten free so I substituted Pamela’s Baking Mix for the flour.

• Amy says on July 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Amanda! Did Pamela’s Baking Mix work as a 1-to-1 substitution? I really hope you enjoyed the cookies!

• Amanda Lepisto says on July 27, 2014 at 9:48 pm

They are very good, for being gluten free I am happy with how they turned out. The consistency/texture is always different when using gluten free ingredients. : )

• Amy says on July 27, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Thank you so much for your feedback! I’m hoping to start baking more GF goodies, so I love hearing about what products work as well as their taste and texture. :)

9. Nicole says on August 1, 2014 at 4:21 am

Can I use frozen raspberries?

• Amy says on August 1, 2014 at 11:20 am

I haven’t tried it, but I think that would work! If your frozen raspberries are really icy and covered in lots of crystals, I’d recommend thawing them first. Too much extra liquid in the dough will make them spread like crazy in the oven! ;) I hope you enjoy the cookies Nicole!

10. Rachel says on August 1, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Can I use strawberry’s instead of raspberries?

11. Rachel says on August 1, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Made these with Strawberry’s and my grandma and I pretty much ate the whole batch in one sitting!!

• Amy says on August 1, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I’m so happy you enjoyed the cookies Rachel! You’re so sweet to share them with your grandma, and your strawberry version sounds fabulous. I definitely need to try that next! :)

12. Amber says on August 8, 2014 at 7:39 am

I do not have whole wheat flour right now, but I really want to bake these. Would regular flour work as a substitute?

• Amy says on August 8, 2014 at 9:26 am

Yes, it should! :) I’m excited to hear what you think of the cookies Amber!

13. Cat says on August 13, 2014 at 9:10 am

These sound delicious! Is there anything you can use instead of coconut oil? Thanks

• Amy says on August 13, 2014 at 10:36 am

Thanks Cat! In the Notes section beneath the recipe, I included that both melted unsalted butter or melted margarine may be substituted in place of the coconut oil. :) I hope you enjoy the cookies if you try them!

• Cat says on August 13, 2014 at 1:40 pm

How silly of me! I was too distracted by the delicious looking photos to read the full recipe! I will definitely be trying these. Thanks

• Amy says on August 14, 2014 at 4:55 pm

No worries Cat! I always forget to look through the Notes section beneath other recipes too. I get so excited by the ingredients and instructions that I forget they’re there! ;) I really hope you enjoy the cookies!

14. karrie says on August 15, 2014 at 7:42 am

Wow, these look fantastic! Can’t wait to bake these! One potential problem, though: I live in Luxembourg, and they haven’t discovered the wonders of vanilla extract here, yet. How crucial is this to the recipe? Can I do without the extract, or is there a delicious substitute you could suggest? Merci! xx

• Amy says on August 15, 2014 at 10:46 am

No vanilla extract Karrie? That’s so strange! I think the cookies will still taste fine without it, but if you had other extracts in the area (like almond, perhaps), you could try substituting those instead. Somehow I doubt that Luxembourg has those too. ;) Do they sell vanilla paste, by chance? Or any other vanilla-like products?

• karrie says on August 15, 2014 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I’m afraid they’ve only got “vanilla sugar”…orange blossom water and rose water are everywhere, interestingly enough!

• Amy says on August 16, 2014 at 9:36 am

You’re welcome Karrie! That’s so funny about the orange blossom and rose water. I think you should be fine without the vanilla. I’ve heard it’s really easy to make your own though! Averie from “Averie Cooks” has an awesome tutorial on her blog; it’s here if you want to check it out!

• Lori says on March 18, 2015 at 4:16 am

You can make your own vanilla extract with some vodka and a split vanilla bean. Let it sit for a few weeks and it smells divine and tastes amazing in baking!

• Amy says on March 18, 2015 at 11:53 am

Thanks for sharing your tips Lori!

15. Ashley says on August 17, 2014 at 7:00 am

Hey!

Great recipe – will be trying it out soon!

Have to ask though, would I need to melt the honey first before mixing it in?

• Amy says on August 17, 2014 at 9:05 am

Thanks Ashley! :) Generally, honey comes as a fairly thick liquid, so no need to melt it; it’ll still mix into the batter just fine like that. I hope you enjoy the cookies!

16. Avantika says on August 19, 2014 at 3:54 am

Hi Amy,
    We don’t get fresh or frozen raspberries here. However, we do get dried ones. Will that work? Should I add something to the recipe to get the same texture?
    Is there any alternative fruit? All dried berries – raspberry, blueberry are really expensive. Can these be made without the fruit?

17. Desirae says on September 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Hey, so I just made these and am eating them right now. They are super yummy, but the only issue I have is that mine turned out with the consistency of a biscuit. Now I don’t have a problem with biscuits, but I’m trying to figure out where I went wrong. These are the things that I did differently (I just can’t see how they would change that much).

I used unbleached all purpose flour instead of whole wheat, I used Mexican vanilla extract, my eggs were straight out of the fridge, and I doubled the recipe.

Ok so apparently I have a problem following directions. :)

What are your thoughts?

• Amy says on September 20, 2014 at 10:22 am

I’m glad you’re enjoying the cookies Desirae! When it comes to the texture of cookies, the usual culprit is how you measure the flour and oats. Did you lightly spoon and level them, or did you scoop straight from the containers? I’ve found that when I do the former, I end up with over 1.5 times as much, which would really dry out the cookies and give them a drier biscuit-like texture. Do you think that might’ve been the case?

18. Samantha says on October 29, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I just made these! Although they’re delicious they are definitely not chewy like your photo. They’re not dry but kind of “springy” if you will. I measured all ingredients like you stated. They basically stayed in the shape I scooped them out as. I even tried flattening some. I did double the recipe so I’m wondering if that might have been the problem?

• Amy says on October 29, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I’m really sorry about that Samantha; that must’ve been disappointing! Normally when oatmeal cookies hold their shape instead of spreading and have the texture you described, it could be due to a few factors. Adding too many oats, using old-fashioned oats instead of instant (and not running them through a food processor first), not adding enough liquid sweetener (in this case, honey), or chilling for longer than 2 hours while leaving the cookie dough uncovered can all cause those issues. I haven’t tried doubling the recipe before, so I’m not quite certain how that would affect the cookies either. Does any of this help? I want to make sure we solve this so your next batch turns out perfectly!

• Niky says on November 3, 2014 at 12:34 pm

My cookies came out muffin-y as well. Pretty frustrated, since I’ve made two batches now that turned out exactly the same following the directions to a t. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

• Amy says on November 3, 2014 at 2:58 pm

I’m really sorry about that Niky; that must’ve been disappointing! Normally when oatmeal cookies hold their shape instead of spreading and have the texture you described, it means that there are too many dry ingredients and not enough wet. This could be due to a few factors. Adding too many oats, adding too much flour, using old-fashioned oats instead of instant (and not running them through a food processor first), not adding enough liquid sweetener (in this case, honey), or chilling for longer than 2 hours while leaving the cookie dough uncovered can all cause those issues. Does any of this help? I want to make sure we solve this so your next batch turns out perfectly!

19. soso says on November 4, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Thank u!! It was an amazing recipe..I liked the way you explained it! I’ve tried this recipe and it was amazing and healthy..looking forward for your new recipes :)

• Amy says on November 5, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I’m so glad you enjoyed the cookies, and I’m looking forward to hearing about what else you try! :)

20. alli says on November 16, 2014 at 2:48 pm

oh my goodness gracious, I now have a new favorite cookie recipe!!
    (Umm, I have to admit that I licked the spatula all clean!)
    Thanks so much for this beautiful recipe!!
    xxx, Alli

• Amy says on November 17, 2014 at 12:24 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed the cookies Alli! I always lick the spatula too… No shame. ;)

21. Susan Maat says on November 18, 2014 at 3:50 am

Is there a substitute for honey you would recommend?

• Amy says on November 20, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I’d recommend agave or pure maple syrup Susan. They’re both liquid sweeteners as well, so they’ll behave similarly. Try to stay away from solid sweeteners like granulated or brown sugar because the cookies won’t be as moist. I’d love to hear what you hear of them if you try them!

22. Jenny says on November 21, 2014 at 7:39 am

On the photography note, please please please consider posting pictures of the dough or at least one of the making process. There are tens of pictures of baked cookies and despite your detailed description of how the dough texture must be just right and the proportions of flour exactly correct, there’s not one picture of the process?? Why? It’s very confusing and an oversight on your part I think. Hope mine are aok now! They’re currently in the oven…

• Jenny says on November 21, 2014 at 7:47 am

I also see that many others have had this problem too! Re dough consistency… You have a camera- help us all out!

• Amy says on November 21, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback Jenny! Process photographs are very time-consuming, which is why I rarely include them. I hope your cookies turned out beautifully!

23. Yael says on December 6, 2014 at 5:56 am

If i dont have fresh raspberries can i use frozen? Do i need to let them thaw first?

• Amy says on December 6, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Yes Yael, you can definitely use frozen! I’ve done it both ways, and the only noticeable difference is that the thawed raspberries don’t bleed or stain the cookie dough as much. I’d love to hear what you think of the cookies if you try them!

24. megan says on January 9, 2015 at 1:16 pm

I was so excited to try this recipe but… sigh… my cookies came out green in the middle [insert “ew” face]. I’m no master baker, but I can generally follow a recipe and not have it turn strange colors. Any idea why this may have happened? I also had the biscuit texture issue although I tried to measure as you described. I want to try the recipe again, the pictures look so amazing. I just have to get it right!

• Amy says on January 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I’m so sorry about that Megan; that must have been disappointing! I’ve never seen cookies turn out green before, but I’m wondering if it had something to do with the raspberries you used. Were they completely fresh and without mold? And was the mixing bowl completely clean? So strange! Make sure the oats aren’t packed into the measuring cup, and don’t over-chill the cookie dough. I included a link to my video that shows the texture of what the cookie dough should look like right before baking. If yours is thicker, you’re more likely to end up with biscuit-like cookies. I hope that helps!

25. Phoebe says on January 12, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Hey Amy – I’m excited that I stumbled upon this recipe and am planning to make these cookies today! Just a quick question first – do you know if rice malt syrup would be a suitable substitute for honey? I’m assuming it will be seeing as I have used it in baking before to replace honey. Let me know! :) x

• Amy says on January 13, 2015 at 12:16 am

I haven’t worked with rice malt syrup before Phoebe, but if you’ve had success substituting it for honey before, I’m guessing it’ll work just fine in these cookies. I can’t wait to hear what you think of them!

26. Tammy Belanger says on January 15, 2015 at 8:30 am

Is there anything you can substitute for the coconut oil? I have a coconut allergy :(

• Amy says on January 15, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Yes Tammy! I included substitutions for the coconut oil in the Notes section beneath the recipe. :) Both melted butter and melted margarine would work too.

27. Ambra says on January 25, 2015 at 9:28 am

I am wondering if I could use homemade oat flour for these rather than a gluten free flour. I don’t typically keep gluten free flour around because I’ve never found one I like all that much.

• Amy says on January 25, 2015 at 10:13 pm

I haven’t tried it before Ambra, but I think that should work. I hope you enjoy the cookies!

28. Ariana says on January 25, 2015 at 6:11 pm

I only have regular rolled oats. Is there something I can do to make this recipe work?

• Amy says on January 25, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Yes! Measure out the same amount of old-fashioned oats, add them to a food processor, and pulse 7-10 times. I hope you enjoy the cookies Ariana!

29. kae says on February 23, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Hello, i was wondering if i could add protein powder in this recipe to make it high in protein but lesser carbs and fat. please advise. thanks!

• Amy says on February 24, 2015 at 12:51 am

I haven’t tried protein powder in these cookies before Kae, but I actually have a protein powder cookie recipe coming later this week that’s much lower in carbs! :)

30. shawna says on February 28, 2015 at 10:39 am

Hello just wanted to say I’m a first time baker and decided to make these cookies as my first time trial, and well these are AMAZING! They taste great easy to make and best of all a healthy treat for my kids! Thank you so much for sharing I’m just about to make another batch this afternoon so again thank you for making my first time easy to follow and supper yummy too lol

• Amy says on February 28, 2015 at 1:27 pm

I’m so glad you and your kids enjoyed the cookies Shawna! I’m really touched that you want to make another batch again so soon. Your kids have the best mother to bake them homemade treats! I hope all of your baking turns out just as well in the future too! :)

31. Michelle says on March 1, 2015 at 6:54 am

These were pretty and good, but I can really taste the honey more than anything. I followed the recipe to a T but added some chocolate chips. Any suggestions to lessen the honey taste?

• Amy says on March 1, 2015 at 2:19 pm

I’m sorry about the honey taste Michelle; that must have been disappointing. I’d suggest switching to agave or ½ cup of brown sugar (or coconut sugar) + 4 tablespoons of milk. Neither of those have quite the same aftertaste as honey. :)

32. Jessica says on March 15, 2015 at 1:30 pm

I just made these cookies last week, and they are delicious! At first I was a little disappointed by how small they were for each serving, because I’m dieting and have a huge sweet tooth, but these are so satisfying! I’ve shared with four of my GUY friends and they all approved (although my boyfriend asked me to add a little more honey to his next time lol). Thanks for sharing! I look forward to making more of your recipes! :)

• Amy says on March 16, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed the cookies Jessica! I’m really touched that they were guy-approved, and I can’t wait to hear what recipes you try next!

33. Alyssa says on March 16, 2015 at 3:18 pm

These cookies look good. I’m looking forward to trying them. I was just wondering, why not just list the measurements in weight instead of linking to a lengthy explanation of how to measure properly? I like baking with recipes in weights because I can scoop however I want, and I often skip the measuring cups altogether. The scale doesn’t lie ;) (Which is why I need these cookies lol.)

• Amy says on March 16, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Thanks Alyssa! Not everyone owns a kitchen scale, especially here in the US, so I like to a detailed description so anyone can make these recipes. :) Shortly after I made these particular cookies, I started adding weights to my recipes, so this version has the weights if you need them. I hope you enjoy the cookies!

34. Liz M says on March 20, 2015 at 2:15 pm

These look great! I’m going to try making these today. I wonder if you added white chocolate chips to them if they would be even better? I guess that would kind of defeat the purpose of making healthy cookies though. Well here it goes!

• Amy says on March 20, 2015 at 11:46 pm

I’m sure adding white chocolate chips would make them even better Liz! Besides, being healthy is all about moderation anyway. ;) I hope you enjoy the cookies!

35. Nicole B. says on March 26, 2015 at 5:44 am

I love this recipe is similar to one that my grandma used to make, thank you very much for sharing and inspiring me :)

• Amy says on March 26, 2015 at 9:09 am

My pleasure Nicole; I really hope you enjoy them!